Third-party assistance

If you have accessibility needs, you can nominate a third party to help you with virtually any aspect of your account, including managing your bills. These nominated third-parties will need to send us documentation to confirm their authority to act on your behalf.

To nominate a third party to manage your bills, just call us on 03337 597 590.

If you require a third party to manage other aspects of your account, you can appoint a third party using a Power of Attorney (PoA). We only accept documentation from Property & Financial Power PoAs, NOT from Health and Welfare PoAs.

Power of Attorney documentation can either be:

  • General Power of Attorney
  • Enduring & Lasting Powers of Attorney issued in England and Wales
  • Deputies – Court of Protection
  • Trusteeships
  • Power of Attorneys and/or Court Orders issued in Scotland; in other parts of UK eg Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man; and in the Republic of Ireland

Here's a bit about the different types:


Deputies are appointed by the court to manage a customer’s property and affairs. They’re sometimes known as court orders and can be in an individual’s name or a business name. The deputyship lasts until the order has been amended or revoked. To register, you’ll need to send us a full copy of the court order.

Once approved, the named deputy can contact us to make any changes to the account. If you’re working on their behalf, please ask them to contact us first.

Send your completed official documents, along with your contact details, to our accessibility team by:

Once we have your documents, we’ll approve or decline it within five working days. Any documents you send us will be destroyed unless you ask us to return them.

Whatever you choose, please don’t hesitate to get in touch to see how we can help.

Last updated: 24 March 2021