Your bill explained
The best way to view your monthly bill is online in My Account. Here you can see details of your usage and charges both for your current bill and for previous bills.
- 1. Select bill – choose the bill you want to see from the dropdown list.
- 2. Bill summary – this section contains a summary total of any unpaid balance from previous bills (balance brought forward) and new charges for this bill. It shows excluding VAT, the VAT calculation and then including VAT. It also includes any payments made in the last bill period or credits applied, and the total to pay on the payment due date.
- 3. New charges – a breakdown of the new recurring and non-recurring charges included in your bill. For subscriptions, the headline price will be displayed and struck through if you have a discount. Call usage is summarised here and details of any one-off fees included in this bill are also present in this section.
- 4. Bill period – the dates your bill is for.
- 5. Payment due – the date we will attempt to collect payment for your bill.
- 6. Call charges – this is a detailed breakdown of your call usage. Call grouping displays a summary of usage by type, and you can see full details for chargeable usage.
How to pay your bill
There are currently two ways you can pay your bill each month.
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay; it’s simple, convenient and efficient and has been approved by the banks to ensure our customers are all fully protected. If you’ve already set up a Direct Debit with us, the payment will be taken on or just after the payment due date.
We accept payments by Visa or Mastercard. If you choose to pay by card, we’ll debit your card on the payment due date each month. To arrange this, call us on 03337 597 590. Charges may apply to Sky Contact Centres if you’re not an existing Sky Connect, Sky Talk or Sky mobile customer so please check your provider’s tariff guide.
Can I view my bill online?
Yes, you can see your current and past bills in My Account. Any additions to your bill, such as out-of-bundle call charges, will normally appear on your online bill within 24 hours.
When will I receive my first bill?
Your first bill will be sent within three days of your activation date and your payment will be collected no less than 14 days later.
Why hasn’t my discount been applied to my bill?
If no adjustments have been applied to your bill, it may be that your discount will be applied the following month due to the billing period. If you're still unsure, please get in touch.
Why have I been charged more than what I was expecting?
Check the dates on your bill - it may be that it's been calculated pro rata. There also may be additional call charges (or non-recurring charges if this is how we've referred to them in your bill) that you weren't aware of - take a look at our Tariff Guide. If you're still unsure, please get in touch.
Can I receive a paper bill for my files?
We’re committed to ensuring that we have a minimal impact on the environment so we don't usually send out paper bills. Soon, you'll be able to print your bill in My Account but for now, it's best to phone us and ask for a printed bill if you need one.
What happens if I don’t pay my bill on time?
If your Direct Debit or regular card payment doesn’t come through and you haven’t told us about it, we’ll usually try to collect your payment 14 days later. If your payment fails again then your bill will roll over to the following month.
If payment fails again you may be charged a late payment fee or a failed Direct Debit fee.